Thursday, August 13, 2009

MORNING STROLL




This is what happens every once in a while when you get up early and go for a stroll down the road. Luck was on my side but patience and experience paid off at the same time. This beautiful great-grey owl sat on a fence-post right next to the road. I walked past him admiring his beauty, turned back and headed towards home to get the camera.

The owl was some distance away when I set up. He/she was hunting field mice, flying fence post to fence post. Keep in mind I have my 80-200 with an extender and the markII5D(which just recently went for a swim). No, not the 500mm or any other fancy lens just the basic good equipment. I set up across the road in the ditch and waited for him to move. Within 5 minutes he had flown to my side of the road and was moving up the fenceposts right at me.


This guy ended up 2 fenceposts away from me searching for breakfast. The pictures can tell the rest of the story.



No comments:

Post a Comment