Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Here are a few images from last nights shoot. I was hoping for sunny skies but a storm moved in right when set up so I made the most of what I had.



This first image is of a bunch of mallards that came in right in front of where I set up. The wind was blowing 30 mph therefore they had to set up fast to come in. I tried many times to shoot tight but with the hazy sky a wide shot worked best.



This second shot was taken from the same location...two swans were circling over the pond trying to find a place to land. Sunlight would have been ideal here to shoot head on...but I ended up waiting until they were right above me to swing the camera around for a quick shot. Nothing special but still a usable image.



This shot I took on my way back to the truck. The storm had moved over and was hitting the mountains. It gave me a chance to take a quick shot before it got to dark in the foreground. A fisherman or waterfowl would be ideal in the foreground...photoshop junkies here you go.



This last shot was taken right at dark. It was one that I wish I could have gotten to 10 minutes earlier but you take what you can get at the time. It is one that I will come back to when I have a little more light to work with. I had to run to the truck and drive back here to get elevated for the shot. Again, next time I will bring a ladder to put on the truck, back in a bit further to the water, and hope for a bit more light. This image states its purpose for the time being.

No comments:

Post a Comment