Thursday, April 2, 2009

WINTER FISHING in SPRING

Another spring fishing trip turned winter. But the fish were still biting!! Here are a few shots from the trip.




The first is your standard fishing shot. Big fish, guy smiling, scenery in the background. Did I say big fish!! The colors were amazing.






Here is a shot I took after the standard setup. Typically when I'm on any shoot the first 20 shots or so are simple and less creative until I work out the kinks. At first I'm so excited to be out shooting that I just shoot everything I see for the first few minutes. Then I take a deep breath, step back, and get creative.

This second shot isn't amazing...but it is a different angle than most fishing shots you see in magazines.








Macro in the works. I was going to use this for the mystery image, but it is too obvious. FYI I will be posting a mystery image by next week...one is in the works. The toughest thing to do is grab focus, because macro is very up close and personal. And with live subjects and no tripod a lot of patience and a little luck are needed. The end result is worth it.







This final shot is the most creative of all from me because it opens up new doors for the next time I go out and shoot. It was a bit risky though, because I don't have an underwater housing kit. The bottom of the lens was literally in the water and creates the extra dimension. There were a few midges on top and a 25 inch fish in the water. Life doesn't get much better than this.

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely love that last shot. Looks like it was a very successful trip :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ben. I just ordered an underwater housing kit so now I won't have to worry so much about dipping the lens in the water. I will test it out and post likes/dislikes once I receive it.

    ReplyDelete